How to Apply
The next class begins on Jan 6th, 2020. If you want to apply, first make sure you meet the basic Eligibility Requirements:
* You must Volunteer for the program
* 16-18 years old (must be 16 by the first day and cannot turn 19 before the start of the program)
* Legal resident of the United States and of California
* Students at-risk of dropping out of high school or credit deficient
* Students free from any serious involvement with the law, free of felony charges and no pending court proceedings
* Live within one of the following counties: Imperial, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and San Diego
– If you live in Central California, please contact our sister academy, Grizzly Youth Academy at www.grizzlyyouthacademy.org.
– If you live in Northern California, please contact our other sister academy, Discovery Youth Academy at www.discoverychallengeacademy.com
Now that you have cleared the basics of eligibility and where you live, here is the four-step process in order to apply to Sunburst Youth Academy.
Click Here to signup for our next mandatory orientation.
You must have a PERSONAL INTERVIEW. Interview dates are only given once you attend an Orientation. The dates are given out on a first-come-first-served basis. You must have completed the online phase one application prior to your interview. You may begin collecting the documents identified on the phase two application checklist at this time. Bring as many of these documents as possible with you to the interview. At a minimum you must have the following items physically with you on the day of your interview.
- Attendance Records
- Behavior Report
- All High School Transcripts
Remember, you are applying for to attend an Academy that is free but has an estimated cost of $22,000 per cadet to the State of California and the Department of Defense. Dress appropriately.
Student must attend two Roll Call’s. The dates of the Roll Call will be given to the students upon completion of their interview.
Once you have completed the above steps, the “acceptance process” begins. The Academy will review all applications and then contact each applicant on whether they have been accepted or not. The acceptance call or denial letter will be done shortly before the next class begins.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Have any questions? The best way to get an answer is:
email@example.com or call (562) 936-1759
Para llamadas en Espanol (562) 936-1752
***Applying to Sunburst is FREE. If you need assistance in filling out any of the application forms our staff is readily available to provide assistance!***